Saturday 24 May 2008

Benzema will not come this summer

Olympique Lyon forward and French international Karim Benzema (20) keeps being named as the main candidate to replace Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o (27) who could be sold in the coming months (read more here). But this week it again became clear that Benzema is just not going anywhere this summer.


After Lyon won its seventh consecutive French league title last weekend, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas made clear in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that the club has no intention at all to sell the player: "I can assure that Benzema will play for Lyon next season. And I even think that he will continue for two more years. He's not for sale, so it's not even about the money."

And Karim Djaziri, the agent of Benzema, said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 on Tuesday that it's not a secret that Barcelona is interested in the player but he repeated that the player wants to stay in Lyon and doesn't want to rush his career: "There's no truth in all those rumours. Karim will not leave Lyon. He wants to stay and keep on playing with his club."

Read more:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a surprise! As if we didn't see this coming. Knowing this, if I were Barcelona I would be more hesitant to part with Eto'o. I'm assuming their plan all along was to "dump" Eto'o and with the money they received from his sale use that to go after Benzema. As it stands I would ONLY sell Eto'o if I knew I had a realistic chance of getting either Diego or Huntelaar...Or I suppose you could sell Eto'o and with that money sign Silva, and Diego Alves from Almeria. And if you have any loose change left over sign the "Douglas" kid from Gremio.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search