Wednesday 7 May 2008

Chelsea closing in on Xavi

With current manager Frank Rijkaard said to be on his way to Chelsea and Chelsea president and Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich preparing a record bid for Barcelona right wing attacker and Argentinian international Lionel Messi (read more here), British tabloid The Daily Star claims that Chelsea is also closing in on a deal to sign Barcelona midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28) this summer (read more here).

Asked about the squad reshuffle coming up, Xavi has said at a press conference that he thinks and hopes this will not affect him: "I have two years left on my contract and I wish to complete them."

pep's opinion:
would be a great signing for them, but of course it will not happen

Read more:
Xavi is on the Chelsea list
100 million euro Chelsea bid for Messi
Xavi dreams about retirement

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not in a million years will he leave

Anonymous said...

I think Xavi has quite a bit of skill but is too incosisent on the pitch which makes me question his reliability as a starting player. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with him. He either performs fairly well, or he just seems to "dissapear" from the action. I think if Barca can manage to get Diego (which should be their main target) I wouldn't be that upset if Xavi moved along. Again, I don't question his talent, but the consistancy game in and game out just isn't there. And also at times he does way too much dribbling in the midfield and not enough probing and moving forward. That's just my opinion.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search