Wednesday 11 June 2008

Chelsea or Inter for Deco

Asked about his future, Barcelona midfielder and Portugal international Deco (30) said in an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo that he has offers from two clubs:

"Everybody knows that at this moment I have only two options: Chelsea and Inter. No deal has been signed yet. I have excellents relations with José Mourinho and of course that has an influence. But with Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira two of my friends play at Chelsea, where you also have Hilario and now Bosingwa. But there are a lot of other things you have to take into account."

Deco excluded there is still a chance he could stay at Barcelona (read more
here): "There is no way back. The club and I have taken the decision together, although it certainly wasn't me who asked for it. I was very comfortable in Barcelona. I always gave everything. But things are how they are and we'll leave it that way. My time with Barcelona has been incredible and I'll never forget it, but it's already history."

At a press conference Deco said that he still has two years left on his contract and that he will make a decision after the European championship.

Read more:
Deco chooses Chelsea over Inter
Deco announces his exit
Ex-Barça: Henk ten Cate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so sad that Deco is leaving. Deco is the most brilliant player in the world!
It will be impossible to replace a player with such great attitude.

Anonymous said...

This should be interesting, seeing who Deco decides to partner with? His former coach or his current coach on the national team? I think Chelsea could offer Barcelona more money for him should it get down to a bidding war between Inter and Chelsea. But will Deco agree to join Scolari at Chelsea? Could make for compelling theatre.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search