Wednesday 11 June 2008

Chivu will stay with Inter

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer move to Barcelona (read more here), Inter Milan central defender and Romanian international Cristian Chivu (27) has said at a press conference that he doesn't think about leaving Inter this summer:


"It is fantastic to hear that Pep Guardiola likes the way I play, but the truth is that at this moment my plan is to stay at Inter. I do not have news from the club or from my agent that Barcelona has made an official move for me. In the end it's gonna be José Mourinho who will decide and from the statements he made I think that the new coach counts on me. I am really looking forward to working with him."

Read more:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's keep Marquez for the built up!

Anonymous said...

I hope we can now "officially" put an end to the Chivu rumors to Barcelona. He didn't join us last year and he's not joining us this year, so let's just stop chasing him for god's sake and move on! I've always had my doubts and suspicions as to wether his heart was realy in it to join Barcelona. I still believe that if he wanted to be here he would have been by now! I know that may sound overly simplistic but I've never once felt that he was willing to go out of his way to join the club. So I wish him all the best success at Inter and hopefully we can close the book on him forever.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search