Friday 6 June 2008

OFFICIAL: Sylvinho renewal

Barcelona has officially announced that Barcelona left back defender Sylvinho Mendes (34) has signed a one-year renewal.


In an interview with the official club media Sylvinho gave a first reaction to his renewal: "The club feels I made an important contribution and they are happy with me. Personally, I am very pleased. I was working well and things just needed to be discussed and formalised. On a personal level, I am highly satisfied. Barcelona is a demanding club and any player that wants to stay here has to put their heart into it and I have always wanted to carry on playing here, doing things well and winning titles."

Sylvinho joined Barcelona in the summer of 2004, arriving from Celta Vigo.


Read the whole Sylvinho renewal story from the first rumours to the signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time! I can't understand what the hold up was about? Even though I'm relieved he's back in the fold I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about the way Barcelona handled the situation. You gotta' treat your own players with a little more respect! What kind of message does this send to other players on the squad who's contracts could be coming up for renewal?

Anonymous said...

the right decision, better late than never. I don't exclude they will give him another renewal next summer.

Anonymous said...

One of my favourite players in Barcelona and im glad that he signed a renewal. However i hope that this is his last year both in the club and as a player so he can finish on top of his game. Hopefully he will remain in the club in some way. Great having you for another year!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search