Wednesday 9 July 2008

Ex-Barça: Patrick Kluivert to AZ Alkmaar

Former Barcelona forward Patrick Kluivert (32) started last week a one-year internship (as part of a coaching course) with Dutch club AZ Alkmaar, where he will assist AZ manager Louis van Gaal as striker's coach.

Kluivert played last season for French club Lille but didn't get a renewal due to injury problems. In an interview with Dutch news agency ANP, Kluivert says that he still didn't really decided to retire as a player:


"I give myself another month to find a new club. I still feel like I am a player. But if there are not decent options anymore, I'll be glad going on with the coaching course. With mister Van Gaal, who I already know my whole life, I cannot imagine myself a better teacher."

Van Gaal said he might consider to sign Kluivert as a player: "We're still looking for a centre forward, so if Patrick would be totally fit, I wouldn't have to look any further. At the moment he's here as a trainee, but I don't exclude anything. As a striker's coach he'll sure be valuable for us next season."

Arriving in the summer of 1998 from AC Milan, Patrick Kluivert played six seasons for Barcelona. In 2004 he left for English Premier League club Newcastle. With Barcelona, Kluivert won one Spanish league title in 1999.


Read more:
Ex-Barça: Mark Hughes to Manchester City
Ex-Barça: Fernando Navarro
Ex-Barça: Ronald de Boer







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, I used to love this guy!

Barca nerd-fan said...

lol. He used to be real gd when he's in Barcelona.

Anonymous said...

i used to love the duo of kluivert and saviola.even in championship manager i was always buying them:)

Custom Search
 
Custom Search