Thursday 31 July 2008

Giovani officially presented in Tottenham

On Tuesday, former Barcelona player Giovani dos Santos was officially presented to the fans and the media by his new club Tottenahm, together with Luka Modrić and Heurelho Gomes, two other transfers of the English Premier League club.

At the press conference, Giovani revealed that Barcelona forward Henry advised him to accept the Tottenham offer: "When I knew Tottenham was an option for me I asked Thierry Henry ‘what about Tottenham?’ and he told me it would be good for me to come here. To replace Robbie Keane is difficult because he’s a player of the highest level. But I have a lot of ambition and I hope to adapt quickly. I am not going crazy comparing myself to Robbie Keane or saying that I will do what he did. But I will work very hard to write my own history here."

Read the complete Giovani dos Santos transfer story from the first rumours until the official confirmation

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Giovanni.
Barca still have a lot of promising youngsters :-)

Anonymous said...

Let's see what he can do in the EPL... I'm actually curious to find out.

Anonymous said...

I swear Gio is delusional. First he thinks that Tottenham are an big club despite the fact that they didn't even finish in the top 8. Now, he claims that Robbie Keane is a player of the 'highest level'. Flattering your new team/teammates (past and present) is a good way of getting on the fans good side, but he didn't leave any club and play with a good group of players that should make him think Spurs are something great. He left one of the biggest clubs around and played with some of the world's best. Therefore, it is huge step down, especailly as he easily could have gone to Arsenal or Chelsea.

Good luck to him personally, but I don't see the team doing anything special next season.

Anonymous said...

ya i don't seem them doing much as a team but i bet Giovani will be a star out there for them. He'll amaze them with how good he is

Anonymous said...

Makes me kind of pissed that Henry advised him to leave.

Anonymous said...

henry didnt advise him to leave. He only asked if was good to sign for them (after he wld have made his mind up). Did he ask Henry who to join or did he ask Henry if Totenham was ok to join? Henry would have preffered to see him to to anothe rgreat footbal school, Arsenal. Dont bring Titi into this.

Anonymous said...

''vin49'' Barca is one of the 4 biggest clubs in the world so going to a club outside that number is always a step down. Tottenham are perfect for him as he will get experience and game time.

Anonymous said...

ya good luck 4 gio..i think he will do well in the prem league....

i dont think that it is a setback 4 him considering the fact that ...he has ramos as the coach there and i think totn have a good squad...modrik,lennon ,jenas,bently..all young players

but since he left us with reason of less 1st team app ...rahter than fighting 4 his place ...so its better he left..!

Anonymous said...

thx a lot henry :(
giovani is the next r10

Custom Search
 
Custom Search