Tuesday 8 July 2008

Van der Vaart will only leave for top club

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer exit (read more here), Hamburg attacker and Dutch international Rafael van der Vaart (25) has said in an interview with his club's official website that he only will leave when a big European club makes him an offer but that he thinks he'll still play in Hamburg next season:


"I already repeated so often that I feel incredibly well in Hamburg, that I love Hamburg and that I only will leave for an absolute top club. But apparently nobody is listening to me or they don't want to hear what I'm saying. I would like all the speculation concerning my future to stop now. If I will have something to tell, I will tell it. On Friday I'm back in Hamburg and as things stand now, I will play another year at Hamburg."

Read more:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not go for him!? he's very good!

Anonymous said...

Would pick him over Hleb anyda of the week.

cojonudo said...

I think I speak for the majority when I say that for approximately the same price (25mil) I'd much rather have Van de Vaart over Hernanes any day of the week! Sure, Hernanes "may" turn out to be more flashy and skillfull, but as long as he continues to play against lesser competition at Sao Paulo we'll never know. At least Van de Vaart's a more proven commodity and let's not forget he would be on the next plane out to Barcelona if he had his wish. And not to sound "harsh" but anyone who claims that Hleb's a better player than Van de Vaart is clearly an idiot. There's just no "nicer" way I can put it.

Barca nerd-fan said...

Because the transfer on Hleb is really close. I think we should drop this idea and concentrate on Silva and Arshavin.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search