Sunday 3 August 2008

Drogba close to Chelsea renewal

British tabloid The People claims that Chelsea forward and Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba (30) is set to be offered a new four-year deal worth over 32 million euro to stay at Chelsea.

New Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has told Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon to make the striker an offer he can't refuse when he meets Drogba this week. Chelsea owner and Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich has given the green light for the mega deal and now it's up to Drogba.

The tabloid claims that Drogba, who is holding back the last chapter of his first autobiography until he knows where his future lies, has reacted positively and Chelsea is confident they can seal a deal with their star striker before the start of the season.

Drogba, who has two years left on his current deal, is quoted as saying he's willing to negotiate: "Chelsea want to speak and I am open to talk. Things have not changed but I am a Blues player. Money is not the main factor and if Chelsea show they want me it is possible to accept a proposition."

British tabloid The Sunday Mirror claims that Drogba is ready to sign the new four-year contract. The striker is quoted by the tabloid as saying he thinks the renewal negotiations will lead to an agreement: "I am confident talks with Chelsea will lead to a positive resolve about my future."

Read more:
Drogba wants to move to Barcelona
Chelsea repeats that Drogba will stay
Drogba wants his future sorted out soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another name off the list. We'll end up with Saviola, read my lips!

Anonymous said...

Great news, Drogba would be really bad buy.

cojonudo said...

Drogba would have provided the ideal fit for Pep's central striker blueprint, but he would have served as a short term solution at the position.

I'm a bit surprised to see Chelsea offering him a four year deal considering his age. That's a mighty big risk they are taking and one I'm glad Barcelona chose not to do. Anything more than a two year deal wouldn't have made sense.

I guess Berbatov's next on the list, although the thought of having to possibly engage in a bidding war with Man U over him is not something I'd be looking forward to. I would much rather hold onto Eto'o and cross my fingers on Benzema next season.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search