Friday 1 August 2008

Ezquerro presented at Osasuna

On Wednesday, former Barcelona player Santiago Ezquerro was officially presented by his new club Osasuna.

At a press conference Ezquerro said that he was happy about his decision to join the club: "I first would like to thank the president and the sports director, who insisted on my arrival. I will do all I can to not let them down. They started talking with my brother, who's also my agent, on Monday and here I am already.

I had other options, some of which were financially more attractive, but Osasuna was the best choice for me. There were no leaks to the press and I appreciated that discretion a lot. The economic side wasn't the most important thing for me and the club knew that. At this moment the best place for me to be is here, so that's why I took the decision to come.

It's true that I haven't played a lot of matches lately, but when I did I felt comfortable on the pitch. But a player needs to play regularly and I have missed that over the last two years. I hope to pick up the rhythm here. I'm very motivated to train and to get in shape as soon as possible. I hope I will be able to add my share to a good season.

It's very special to return to the club where you grew up and that gave me the chance to be a professional player, to have the career I had and to live the moments I've lived. For me it's an incredible honour and motivation to come back and to give everything for this club. I have wonderful memories from the times I played here and when I came back over the years I was always treated very well. I was only nineteen when I left, a lot has happened since then but I hope to return the love of the people by my play and my goals.


I can say that I still have the same motivation as when I was nineteen and I will prove that on the pitch and during the daily training sessions. But whatever I'm saying here and now, I prefer to talk with my feet on the pitch while doing what I love best, which is playing football."

Read the complete Santiago Ezquerro transfer story from the first rumours to the official confirmation



No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search