Friday 26 September 2008

Guardiola and Eto'o about 'The Hug'

When Gudjohnsen scored the 3-2 on Wednesday, Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o shot off the bench trying to hug his manager (see the images here, around 1:30). Both protagonists have meanwhile commented the event at press conferences.

Guardiola, who also had a coach-hugging moment during the 2000 European championships in Belgium and the Netherlands (see the video where you have the end of the hug
here), said that he was just surprised: "The truth is that I saw someone push me from behind and I looked at that person with total surprise. I didn't feel the need to hug him. It surprised me because I didn't expect it. I was just thinking about the ten minutes we still had to play."

Eto'o said he was just acting in a flow of happiness: "It surprised him a lot. When there's a goal, you don't plan what you do, you go out there to celebrate and that's it. When you're on the pitch, you suffer less than on the bench. I was suffering a lot on the bench.

Guddy scored and I jumped and pushed the coach. He stood there like asking 'what's happening?', but that's just the moment, nothing more. I want to stress again that my relationship with the coach is good despite what happened this summer. How wouldn't we connect very well? People tend to behave well, it's a natural thing. I have always been motivated."

See three more pictures here, here and here



Said all this, Guardiola is nevertheless planning some costume retouches:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That smile of Eto'o after the hug is so funny. Just picking it up where he left it... :-)))

Anonymous said...

I didn't really understand why people made this into a big deal. Pep did just look surprised. I actually really enjoyed the moment. Eto'o's emotion is infectious and genuine.

Anonymous said...

Its not a big deal. It just shows how different Pep is to Rijkard and that hes not planning to make the same mistakes he did.

Anonymous said...

Eto is so cool.
And the hug moment is so funny.

Més que un club!!!

Anonymous said...

plz someone translate that,i want to know what it says :)
dude its not that big deal, clubs needs things like these to chill out and to laugh later in the dressing room,dont forget most players are young and need some laugh

Anonymous said...

by the way,moderator or writer whatever, when we click on the comments it should open in a new window.just a recommendation.

pep said...

I think I changed it, Andres.

And the picture is actually funnier than the text (in my opinion). It's Guardiola saying "I know you all love my suit but still I had to make some adjustments because you don't want to know what would happen otherwise the next time Samu wants to celebrate a goal".

Tohar Investment Limited said...

its the name ...MES QUE UN CLUB. all tath is just for fun.dont turn it into some thing else.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search