Monday 22 September 2008

Transfer history: Denilson (Palmeiras)

In an interview with Spanish football weekly paper Don Balón, Palmeiras left winger and former Brazilian international Denilson (31), who played for Betis Sevilla from 1998 until 2005, has said that he was very close to sign for Barcelona in 1998:

"When I was playing for São Paulo, one day I went to sleep thinking that I would join Barcelona and when I woke up the next day I was a Betis player.

The first official proposal I received came from Barcelona. The negotiations were almost finalized. The two presidents had reached an agreement and informed me about it. Everything was agreed upon b
ut in the end the deal was cancelled because of a little detail, I think they couldn't agree on who should pay the taxes on the transfer operation.

Almost immediately after, Betis appeared with a proposal that São Paulo couldn't refuse. It was also for me a financially very interesting offer and I decided to accept it."

Read more:
Transfer history: Ferguson (Manchester United)
Transfer history: Francescoli
Transfer history: Iaquinta (Juventus)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a shame - one of the most talented player of generation so much ruined his career and he is the only one to blame. Wasted champion. Technically a complete player but his approach was so 'Brasilian'.

Anonymous said...

Robinho is his successor, in my opinion. Better scorer though.

Anonymous said...

A personal favourite. He was awesome.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search