Friday 3 October 2008

Barcelona has to hand over part of Arteta fee

Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo reports that after four years of judicial proceedings, Barcelona will have to pay Basque youth club Antiguoko a fee of 105 000 euro° related to the transfer of now Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta (26) from Barcelona to Glasgow Rangers six years ago.


Antiguoko board member Javier García 'Pitu' is satisfied with the decision: "We're very happy with the verdict. Barcelona argued that they didn't have to pay 'solidarity rights' because they already paid the 'origin rights'. But it's a FIFA rule and Barcelona didn't want to respect that. They thought they could get away with it but we won against a big shot. We hope this can be a precedent for other cases."

Mikel Arteta joined Barcelona from Antiguoko in 1997. The former Spanish youth international didn't make it to the first team squad and after going out on loan to French club Paris Saint-Germain for two years, Arteta was sold to Glasgow Rangers in the summer of 2002.

Read more:

8 comments:

pep said...

105 000 euro =

160 000 us dollar
80 000 britsh pound

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful player.. I am glad he came out of Barca so he could show everyone how good he is..he would not have got many games with our Spanish midfielders in the team who are the same age group as him....

Anonymous said...

A few days ago I red at goal.com that Arteta could put pen to paper for Barca so I'd like to know is there any truth? Also, what about Ghanaian (I think/or Senegalese) right-back Inkoom? Pep, you know something about?

P.S. Pep, if you hear FCB need a medical, please let me know. I would be glad to be one of Barca stuff (just dreaming about) :) Thanks!

pep said...

Checked that Arteta story, House, but can't find anything. Goal says it's in Marca (although they don't mention Barcelona, just "a big Spanish club" --- can't see that club being Barça), but I don't find the article in their archives, nor on any other Spanish site. So someone probably needed a story.

Nothing heard of Inkoom (Ghanian right back - check the full story: http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2008/07/ghanaian-right-back-inkoom-set-for.html) anymore.

I'm sure they're always interested in capable personnel, so give it a try once you feel ready... You can start by learning Spanish. And Catalan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pep, I speak a little bit of Spanish.
Hijo de puta, de puta madre... :)
Maybe I'll try one day (as soon as I find a contact person there), but I know I'm not the only one interested in this job. It's a big thing.

pep said...

You probably could get somewhere with that little bit of Spanish. Although I'm not sure this somewhere will be the Barcelona medical staff...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry if I offended someone with those words, but that was joke. Cursing in foreign language are the easiest words to learn (I like to watch Spanish movies-so you should blame J. Bardem or better Almodovar :)). I'll do an extra effort to learn more.

pep said...

Mine was a joke too, House, don't worry. Sometimes I forget the ;) or the :). I'm not that easilyy offended...


;;;;;;;;)

Custom Search
 
Custom Search