Sunday 5 October 2008

Henry could consider MLS move in the future

British tabloids The People claims that Barcelona forward and French international Thierry Henry (31) is considering a move to America and the Major League Soccer (read more here).

The Frenchman, whose contract with Barcelona expires in 2011, would still feel that he can compete at the highest level but is unhappy at being played out of position at Barcelona.

Asked about the rumours linking him with a future move to the MLS (read more
here),
Henry didn't exclude the option earlier this week in an interview with Spanish sports magazine SportLife: "After this season, I think I will play for two or three more years. I don't know if I would go to the United States. It depends on how interesting the offer is.

At this moment I'm feeling comfortable and at home in Barcelona. It is an incredible place to live and to play football. It is a luxurious city with very pleasant people, there are interesting museums and the city has a great history.

The beginning was difficult because I arrived injured and the issue of my daughter was misused. I understand that people wanted to see the Henry they used to know but sometimes you have to go out there not being totally fit. Playing in the Camp Nou is impressive when one hundred thousand people applaud you... but it can be very hard when they boo you. It is not easy to play in Camp Nou when the fans are angry.

This summer I was able to complete a full pre-season. Now I can start, I can run, I have strength in my legs and I can take on defenders in a one-on-one. The departures of Ronaldinho and Deco give me a new opportunity, but also bring a new responsibility. We have to repeat the success they achieved and we should not forget that they won league titles and the Champions League here.

About Guardiola I would mainly say that he has an enormous desire to win and this has a positive effect. He has come in with very clear ideas. Some more discipline, some more toughness, but everything is very clear. If you really want to be in the team, ok. If not, you're out."

Read more:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If good offer come, FCB should not hesitate to sell him. A few good performances and I'm sure the offers will come in January.

Anonymous said...

While I love Henry, I do agree, he does not seem to have found his stride with Barca. He probably won't get much more playing time then he has thus far this season.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search