Friday 10 October 2008

Ronaldinho (2): "I miss Puyol a lot"

In an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo, AC Milan player Ronaldinho talked about his new club and his time in Barcelona.





Messi is playing more impressive every day...
For us, it's not a surprise, it's not something new. Since he started training with the group we already knew he would become a great player. One day I will be able to tell people that I witnessed the football birth of one of the greatest players in history: Leo Messi. Every time I see Leo play he reminds me more and more of Maradona, two left-footed players, two little ones... With all the travelling I'm not talking that much with him anymore. Besides, you always have to call him and send him messages. But I always ask for him when talking to other players, sometimes I'm even talking with him while I'm calling another one...

Messi is the greatest?
Together with Kaká and Cristiano Ronaldo.

I guess you'll have to vote for the Golden Ball. Who would you choose?
No, no, don't make me vote... I would want to have two votes, one for each friend: one for Kaká and one for leo. You have to keep your friends happy, so I would prefer two Golden Balls this year.

Which former team-mate you would like to bring to Milan?
I cannot choose. But I have to say that I really miss Puyol a lot. Although I'm now two weeks without talking with him, some of my friends are talking with him so I know everything, how he is, what he does... He's one of the team-mates I miss the most because we were friends, real friends.

Puyol admires Maldini...
Well, tell him that I'm feeling very well sharing the dressing-room with Maldini. He's a great person, an example. You learn a lot when you're around Paolo every day.

How about Rijkaard?
Frank is a friend. After all we've lived together, it's always fantastic to see someone like him again.

Some of your former team-mates are now saying that the team didn't work enough last season...
I don't see it that way... I've always considered Frank to be a great coach who always had clear ideas about what to do and who won everything he has won because he knew how he had to manage a team.

Talent is enough?
No, talent is never enough, but that's the same when you win or lose... When we were winning leagues and the Champions League I didn't hear anyone complain... Rijkaard did a lot, he's a great coach.


This is the second part of this interview. The third parts will follow tomorrow with Ronaldinho talking -amongst other things about Berlusconi and parties.

Read the first part of the interview here:
Ronaldinho (1): "I want Barcelona to win everything"

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search