Saturday 11 October 2008

Ronaldinho (3): "Barcelona is a magical place"

In an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo, AC Milan player Ronaldinho talked about his new club and his time in Barcelona.


(this is the third part of this interview, you can read the first and second part here and here)


What happened that the best team in history didn't continue winning?
I don't know, things are how they are, we almost won everything and when there are no trophies anymore the things that happened can happen... I will remember the good things of Barcelona, the leagues we won, the Champions League, I take the good memories with me. I'm like that. You can always see the negative and the positive side of things, I prefer the positive side. Now in Milan I'm somehow going through the sams as in Barcelona. I arrived in Barcelona when they didn't played the Champions League. At the beginning we had some problems but the people here -like there- adore me, it's been said that people started smiling again. When I was presented by Milan, there were 40 000 people, like in Barcelona. I played the derby and scored the decisive goal, like in Barcelona. So many similarities! My cycle with Milan starts now. I needed a stimulation to keep on winning and I have found it here. I have very good feelings about it cause it seems I'm living the same thing as in Barcelona, and I know how that one went... I hope things will be the same as in Barcelona.

You've also found a large Brazilian comunity here...
Yes, indeed. Dida, Emerson, Kaká, who I already know for ten years, Pato, who comes from my city, Seedorf, who's almost Brazilian and a great player... The truth is that we have an excellent group. Ancelotti also helps me a lot.

And Berlusconi loves you...
Yeah, yeah, I often don't really know how to deal with him. He's a very important person but he always taking care of me, asking if I don't need anything...

People see him more often in the night clubs than you.
There's nothing wrong with that, it's a normal thing that people want to relax and have fun... What's wrong about being normal?

You heard about the party some of your friends organized in Castelldefels recently?
Yes, of course, it was spectacular. But I want to stress again I never left, I will always come back. Barcelona continues to be a magical place for me. I've been lucky. Everywhere I have lived, people have treated me very well. I have made a lot of friends in Barcelona, I don't like saying goodbye, I'll be back...

I never heard you criticize some less nice things that have been said about you...
I'm happy with my way of living. For me, it's the right way. I keep the good things, which is a lot. This fills my life. All the other things aren't worth spending time on.



This is the third and last part of this interview.

Read the first and second part here:
Ronaldinho (1): "I want Barcelona to win everything"
Ronaldinho (2): "I miss Puyol a lot"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seedorf's almost Brazilian?

Custom Search
 
Custom Search