Tuesday 11 November 2008

Henry denies exit rumours

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to the English Premier League (read more here), Barcelona forward and French international Thierry Henry (31) has said in an interview with Catalan television channel TV3 that he's not thinking about an exit:

"I'm very happy here. I've already said it several times. I like the city, the food and the weather. I have a contract for two more years and I'm feeling good at the club. For me everyting is clear. I don't see myself returning to the English Premier League.

I could achieve great things in England, but I didn't won anything with Barcelona yet and I want to win everything. Every time I put on the Barcelona shirt I feel honoured. I still didn't win the Champions League, but I also want to win the Liga and the Spanish cup.

During the summer, Guardiola came to see me and he explained his project. Everything was clear for me then. It was the best way to show me that he wanted me to stay. Guardiola believed in me and by staying I could pay him back."

British tabloid The Daily Express meanwhile claims that Henry could quit Barcelona to join a Major League Soccer team in the United Stated (read more here).


Read more:
Henry wants transfer rumours to stop
Manchester City plans January bid for Henry
Chelsea manager wants Henry in January

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about keeping him 'til 2010 and then make him the poster boy of FCB Miami?

Anonymous said...

You know, that's one hell of a good idea. I like that a lot. He's had an interest in the U.S. market, so that would be perfect.

Anonymous said...

stop pretending that your happy and leave already
Save whats left of your career.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search