Wednesday 19 November 2008

January move to Celtic unlikely for Sylvinho

Asked about the rumours linking Barcelona left back defender Sylvinho (34) with a move to Celtic Glasgow in January (read more here), the player's agent Hans Lamberz has said in an interview with British tabloid The Daily Mail that he believes it is more likely the player will wait until his contract expires next summer than quit Barca in the January transfer window:

"He may not be playing, but that doesn't mean he wants to leave. He is adored by the fans, he adores them and he loves being at a huge club like Barça. I'd say it is far more likely he will look at his situation in June when his contract expires. He is at a huge club and wants to give everything he can for them.

Then he can think of another club, be it Celtic or someone else. Celtic have yet to make their intentions clear with a firm offer. I know they had discussions with his club when Barcelona were on pre-season tour in Saint Andrews, but I don't know if Sylvinho's name was ever mentioned."

Asked about the rumours, Sylvinho is quoted by Catalan sports paper Sport as confirming that Celtic didn't yet make an official bid: "I didn't receive a firm proposal by Celtic, but my first priority has been and will always be Barça. If the club would tell me that they don't want me anymore and that I should go and play elsewhere, I would have to look at other options, but at this moment I don't have any concrete offers."

Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claims that Celtic still wants to sign Sylvinho next winter and could contact the defender this week to ask him about this possibility. If Sylvinho would be willing to move to Scotland, Celtic will make a formal bid.

Read more:
Sylvinho confirms Celtic Glasgow interest
Sylvinho: "We have a squad to make history"
Celtic Glasgow interested in Sylvinho and Jeffren

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search