Monday 3 November 2008

Pique (2): "Cesc knows he will return"

Barcelona player Gerard Piqué gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo.


(read the first part of the interview here)


What do you think about yourself as a player?
I lack agressiveness on the pitch. Puyol and Alves are the examples to learn from in that aspect. It's incredible what they are giving and I'm trying to work on that. I can learn something from all the central defenders that are here, from Márquez, from Cáceres, from Miliyo.

What are your qualities?
Starting the built-up. And my heading.

Shouldn't you socre more, what about six goals this season?
Well, that's a challenge.

How is Gabriel Milito doing?
He seems fine. We're delighted he will join us soon. For me it will be special since I played with him at Zaragoza, we shared the room when we played away. He's great in motivating people. Before each game we used to slap each other and shout to get ready.

The rotations are important?
Guardiola tells us very late who is going to play. So we're all focused until the day of the match. There's no fear to be left out.

You had an idol when you were young?
I've always said that Fernando Hierro has been my exaple. He's from Madrid, yes. He had everything: he could start the built-up, he could lead, he could score...

Former Barcelona centre back Migueli?
It's an honour that he has been praising me. He has been a key player in the history of the club.

Would you join Madrid, that has been seriosuly interested in the past?
My agent Arturo Canales takes care of those issues. It would be very complicated for me to end up playing for Madrid.

Barcelona will win the Liga?
The league, the cup, the Champions league. You should try to win every trophy because you have the squad to do that. The best thing would be winning the Champions league by defeating Manchester United in the final. And the Liga is won in games like the ones against Málaga.

Are you also trying to convince Cesc to return to Barcelona?
I don't have to say anything to him, he already knows he will return. We're very close friends, we played together at the youth academy. Messi was there too. When Leo arrived, he was very small and extremely shy. Until one day, when we were playing in Switzerland, he had an incredible game... It's a great player.


This was the second and last part of this interview.

Read the first part here:
Pique (1): "Messi is more decisive than Ronaldo"

Read more interviews with Barcelona players here

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ghhghhh... The interview ends in such a strange way. I wanna hear more, about that small and shy guy :)

Iurisimo said...

I didn't like this part:

Would you join Madrid, that has been seriosuly interested in the past?
My agent Arturo Canales takes care of those issues. It would be very complicated for me to end up playing for Madrid.

...what da f*** , he should say " NO, of course no, FC BARCELONA foreeeeeever! "

Anonymous said...

"The best thing would be winning the Champions league by defeating Manchester United in the final."

And win it like 8-0. That'll be the greatest pleasure.

Anonymous said...

First

I agree, i would rather see him say "I am a Barca player, that means I wont play for Madrid.

Anonymous said...

He sounds kinda sure/certain Cesc wld come back at some point.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search