Tuesday 11 November 2008

Sylvinho confirms Celtic Glasgow interest

Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claims that Celtic Glasgow will try to sign Barcelona left back defender Sylvinho (34) in January. Sylvinho, whose contract expires at the end of this season, wouldn't consider signing another renewal next year.

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Celtic (read more here), Sylvinho said that Celtic already wanted to sign him last summer and confirmed that they are still following him:

"Txiki told me in August that Celtic had made an offer for me, but an exit wasn't an option back then. Apparently Celtic is still interested, that 's what they told me. It sure is nice that a club like Celtic wants me and is insisting to sign me.


My contract expires next summer and my first focus is on Barcelona. But of course, if they come and tell me that they don't count on me, I would consider a transfer, even during the winter transfer window. I'm not looking for it, but if the club would be that clear, it could happen. I think that I could continue here and contribute to winning trophies and scoring goals, but we'll see what will happen.

I sure don't regret to have signed a renewal last summer. I feel happy and I don't want to be a problem for the club. Txiki and Laporta have always defended me, we have a very smooth relationship. They offered me a good contract and that's why I signed a renewal for one more year in June."

British tabloid The Sun claims that, because of the fact that his contract expires in June of 2009, Sylvinho would be available in January for a transfer fee of 600 000 euro°.

Read more:
Sylvinho would consider Celtic offer
OFFICIAL: Sylvinho renewal
Celtic Glasgow interested in Sylvinho and Jeffren

3 comments:

Dan R said...

Hope he stays until the summer!
Great personality in the dressing room and overall in the team.
Plus he is a decent player indeed who is capable of fighting abidal for a place!

I would only consider a transfer in january if we bring a back-up LB

pep said...

600 000 euro° =

750 000 us dollar
500 000 britsh pound

Anonymous said...

I hope he stays too! he has always been amazing whenever he plays. I would even dare to say he is better than Abidal

Custom Search
 
Custom Search