Saturday 27 December 2008

Bojan: "I want to keep on growing here"

Barcelona player Bojan Krkic gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport.





Over the last months, it was inevitable that people started comparing with last season...
I only think about this season being a new one. What happened before, if it was good or bad, is already history. There are still many games left and that means there will be plenty of chances I can grab.

From your first team debut on, you have always been in the eye of the storm. How does a person of your age deals with people judging you without knowing you?
I'm aware that this is part of the job. What I cannot let happen is being influenced by the opinion of the people. Everybody has the right to express an opinion, I respect that, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. It's important to be sure of who you are and what you want. I won't deny that in the beginning it's not always easy to understand it, but at a certain point you just have to get used to it.

For good or worse, you have become one of the most popular players of the squad...
That's not always easy, but when you adapt to it, there shouldn't be a problem. I have always been supported by the fans and that's very important.

What is the role of the well-known Barcelona entourage in the success or the failure of a player at Barça?
They have a very important role, because the public opinion is always decisive. I don't think they are against us, but you have to take into account that fooball is not only about focusing on the bad things.

How do you look at yourself after everything that has happened this year?
Although I'm only 18 years old, I think I have a clear head and step-by-step I'm growing as a player and as a person. I think I matured a lot over the last months. Last year helped me to grow, but I still had to learn a lot of things about the dressingroom.

The centre forward position is a key position but there's a lot of competition. Given that this spot has always been occupied by a foreign star player at Barça, you have the feeling that you're fighting against the rest of the world to get that spot?
I only fight against myself, trying to continue to get better and get everything needed to play there. In the squad there are several examples, like Puyol, Iniesta or Messi, all of who played with the youth teams and are now being regulars with the first team.

What can you achieve in the world of football?
That's difficult to say, because in football you never know. The important thing is to be prepared for everything that could happen.

One of your best friends, Gerard Piqué, left abroad to grow in the shadow. Aren't you considering to follow his example?
No, at this moment it's clear to me that I want to keep on growing here.

Now the year comes to an end, it's a moment to look back. Have you regretted not taking part in the European championship?
No, not at all. At that time, the situation I was in was very clear and I needed to rest.


This was the first part of this interview, you can read the second part here in the coming days with Bojan talking -among other things- about his position in the squad and how he deals with the fame.

Read more:
Ajax wants to buy Bojan in january
Bojan: "I'm not planning to give up studying"
Bojan not considering to leave on loan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over rated player who seem's to alway's want's to cry or he has very female like emotion's..he'll be ok but never world class

Custom Search
 
Custom Search