Tuesday 23 December 2008

Henry: "I'm in love"

Barcelona player Thiery Henry gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport.





What do you admire in a woman?
That I know a first sight that she will be my soulmate. When I was younger, I used to watch other things (laugh), but not anymore.

It's difficult to find the right woman?
You bet, and much more in my case.

Is it hard sentimentally?
Not only sentimentally. When I tell the truth or I tell what I feel, it may be difficult to understand me because I'm a complicated person. And I've already changed a lot in that perspective! Before, I got angry over small things but now I can hold myself better.

Your world is dangerous. Fake friends, women,...
It's not easy. When I as twenty years old, I took some bad decisions, but in the end it turned out well and it helps you in the rest of your life. Since I was young, I knew that I wouldn't make friends easily. Friendship is a special thing. It's unique. You can have a good relationship with someone and that's it. Friendship is something else, it's telling your friend everything about your life, the truth. So the other knows absolutely everything about you. I have friends with whom I don't talk or don't go out every day but when they have a serious problem, we talk about it. If you're not standing by a friend when he needs you the most, that's the end of it.

Do you need love?
Mmmmm... yes. It's very important.

Are you in love?
Right now I am.

What does your daughter Tea mean to you?
Oh man! Until you don't have your daughter in your arms, you cannot know that. It's undescribable. Do you have children?

No.
Well, then you cannot understand it. Before, I only thought about my career, about dedicating all my time to my own things and suddenly your whole priority list changes drastically.

How are you dealing with your divorce?
It's never easy, and even less when there's a child involved. Looking back at it, last year was hard. I arrived here without speaking the language, I was injured, in full divorce... It wasn't easy at all.

When you joined Barcelona, people said that you were fleeing London.
When I signed, nothing had happened yet. So that rumour was very annoying to me.

What frightens you?
Dying. It's something that we all have to go through but that frightens me.

I have time for one last question?
Of course, no problem.

What does the kiss on your wrist when you celebrate a goal mean?
We were on our way out, right?


This was the fifth and last part of this interview.


Read the earlier parts of the interview:
"I'm a bit of a loner beause of my youth"
"I find peace in Guadeloupe"
"Kurt Cobain was a genius"
"I'm tired, my career will end soon"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah you gotta love this guy...

Anonymous said...

heh... i wonder too what that kiss means, guess we will know long after he retires

Ramzi said...

The best and most mature Interview I read for a player since...I don't even remember.

InieStar said...

Isn't it his daughters name he have on his wrist? Just think i remember he said that once. But now when he didnt answered it, i had my doubts whether i read it or made it up in my mind:)

Anonymous said...

A friend in Marseille told me something to do with his daughter.


-Henry kissing his wrist

Custom Search
 
Custom Search