Friday 19 December 2008

Puyol wants to retire at Barcelona

Asked about his future at the club, Barcelona central defender and Spanish international Carles Puyol (30), whose current contract expires in 2010, has said in an interview with Catalan radio station Ràdio Catalunya that he hopes to be able to retire at Barcelona:

"The truth is that I'm still dreaming of retiring at the club and Barcelona has been informed about that. I'm still able to play for a while. I think I have ten years of football left.

Physically, I feel very good and Barcelona officials know that I want to stay here for many more years. I don't think I should be compared with Maldini. What I can say is that at this moment I'm feeling good. Ten years is just a number, you shouldn't take it literally. The day that I'm not enjoyiong myself anymore or that I can't handle the rhythm anymore, I will end my career."

Read more:
Puyol could be next on renewal list
Top ten most official Barcelona appearances
Negotiations with Puyol, Valdés and Eto'o to start

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deserves the right to stay at the club for as long as he wants imo. I reckon he can still be at his best level for at least 3 or 4 seasons as well.

Brambo said...

Puyol is/wil be the Maldini of Barça. ¡Visca el Tiburon!

Anonymous said...

I love him. I really do.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search