Saturday 20 December 2008

Xavi delighted with renewal

When leaving the club's offices after signing his contract renewal until 2014 (read more here), Barcelona attacking midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28) has said to journalists that he's delighted with the extension of his contract:

"I'm very happy with everything. We've closed a very important deal. We reached an agreement rapidly because both parties wanted the same thing. We both wanted me to stay here for many more years. I cannot ask for more. I have been a culé my whole life. It's a privilege to be here for such a long time. My wish has become reality and I thank the club for the effort they have made.

With this contract I can continue for many years at Barça and I might be able to retire at the club. Cause when I hear that people nowadays play until they are 40 years old (note: a little punch to Puyol who said he wants to keep on playing for ten more years, while now being 30), I actually cannot be sure that I will end my career here.

Everything will also depend on how I'm feeling. Now I want to enjoy the moment. I go step by step and now I'm only thinking about the next game. I want to feel useful and I want Barça to feel good about me adding something to the team. I hope to keep everything going like it is now."

Read the complete Xavi renewal story from the first negotiations until the signature






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We reached an agreement rapidly because both parties wanted the same thing."

Now that is a lie!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search