Thursday 5 February 2009

Barça B - Benja: "I'm very happy to return"

New Barça B player Benja (read more here) gave an interview to the club's official media.





Are you happy to return to Barça?
The truth is that I am happy to return after joining the club last summer. I felt good at Reus but I have to say there's nothing better than Barça.

You felt like a Barça player since the summer?
I joined Barça arriving from Europa, but they decide to immediately loan me out to a fourth division club. I was happy at Reus - I'm very grateful to that club - but now I'm very satisfied to be able to play with Barça. I've come here to work as hard as I can.

You were thinking about returning during the winter transfer window?
I know there was a chance, that I had to work for it. Things went fine for me and in the end I was lucky to be able to return. That's why I'm very happy.

How would you define your game? Can we say that Benja is a dynamic striker who easily scores?
I don't like to define myself, I prefer others to do that, but if I have to do it, I would say that I'm a fast player and that I give everything on the pitch.

Last season you scored with Europa against Barcelona B in the Mini Estadi. What did you feel?
Last year, I was lucky to score against Barça B, although Europa lost that game. Maybe that goal was decisive in me being a Barça player now.

How do you look forward to having to compete with Maric and Rochina, the other centre forwards of the second team? Will it be easy to have a spot in the starting team?
I won't be easy at all. In this club, it's impossible to win a place in the starting eleven easily. At Barça, every player has great qualities.



Read more:
Barça B - Official: Benja returns from loan
Barça B - Official: Urbano to Reus on loan
Barça B - Official: Walter to Antequera on loan

3 comments:

H said...

hey pep
question , who takes free kicks in the b team?
and is he good?
i really hope it's thiago.

pep said...

I think Thiago or Victor Vazquez.

CKoon said...

Rochina takes some free kicks as well, when it is suitable for left footer.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search