Friday 13 February 2009

Crosas looking forward to Glasgow derby

In an interview with Celtic Glasgow's weekly club magazine Celtic View, Celtic Glasgow midfielder Marc Crosas (21) looked forward to this weekend's derby against Glasow Rangers:

"As a Barcelona supporter I always looked forward to Barcelona versus Real Madrid. But I think this match might be the best, in terms of atmosphere and ambience.

For me, it's amazing and I think that all the emotions you experience in one game like this, even as a spectator, are unbelievable. I didn't play in the two derbies this season. The first came when I wasn't ready and the second was after my injury. But now I think I am ready to play. I really enjoying playing with all the players here and I have made some good friends in Glasgow. I am very happy here at Celtic and I hope to give to the fans and team everything that I can in matches.

I have spoken to my friends and family back home about this weekend's game, but this is not new for them because when I was back home we used to watch the Celtic-Rangers game together. They are looking forward to the game as well, although it's true that when you experience the match on the park, in the stands or on the bench, it is completely different.

When I was at Barcelona we played Rangers in the Champions League. The week before the game it was the derby and we watched Rangers win 3-0 at Ibrox. It wasn't a good day. We watched the win at Celtic Park when Thomas Gravesen scored. Thomas had been at Real Madrid and a lot of Spanish people watched that match. But I have always enjoyed watching the derbies."

Asked if Crosas would start the game on Sunday, Celtic Glasgow manager Gordon Strachan told journalists that it will depend on his physical condition: "Marc picked up an ankle injury in the game against Queen's Park at the weekend and once it settles down we will know if he can play against Rangers.

It would be good for us if he was available for selection as I feel he helps to knit our team together at times. He performs an important role for us. In my opinion, Marc helps to gels things together. We will see how he is once the swelling on his injury goes down a little bit. But he will be a big loss if he is out.

I felt Marc was dragged down to the same level of mediocrity as the rest of the team in what was an unacceptable performance against Queen's. But he has shown in certain games this season what an influential player he can be. Against Hibs and Dundee United, in particular, he was brilliant."



Marc Crosas joined Celtic Glasgow in 2008. Since Barcelona can buy Crosas back in the summer of 2010 for two million euro (read more here), this blog will follow the performances of the midfielder over the next two years.

Read more:
Crosas dreams about Barcelona return
How is Crosas doing at Celtic?
Crosas: "Guardiola was the best man for the job"

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search