Friday 6 February 2009

Crosas: "Guardiola was the best man for the job"

Celtic Glasgow midfielder and fromer Barcelona player Marc crosas gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport.





How did you adapt to your new club?
When you start at a new place, it's always difficult, but I adapted well to the dressing-room. The hardest thing was to arrive here in August, after the heat of Barça's US tour. It was raining and it was horrible. Then I got injured, but I have recovered now and I think I'll have more chances to play.

How is Barcelona looked at from abroad?
Within the team people are talking quite a lot about how Barcelona is doing. The truth is that I noticed a clear difference compared to how people talked about the club last season when I was in Lyon. Then my team-mates asked me how it was possible that things were going that bad for a team like Barça.

What do they say this year?
Totally the opposite, people are excited about Barça, they follow the games every weekend and they're very happy with how the team is doing.

Does it bother you that people could see you as some kind af "ambassador" of Barça?
I don't see myself that way, but for some that is the case, just for the fact that I'm coming from Barça. But it's clear to me that I'm a former Barcelona player and that, for now, my time at the club has ended. If I'm following Barça now, that's just as a fan and nothing more.

You worked with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona B and also during the pre-season. You were one of those who thought that he was the best possible coach for Barça?
I was convinced - because of his work-rate and his motivation - that nobody was more capable to coach Barcelona than he was. The coach is showing that, although some people were thinking the opposite, he was the best man for the job. I hope things will keep going well for him.

You're jealous with the those who stayed and who are playing at Barça now?
It's a healthy jealousy. Looking at what they're living now, I'm very proud and very happy as a fan and because several squad players are friends of mine.

One of them is Bojan. This year he has to deal with more criticism and he's playing less. You would recommend him to follow your example?
Our careers are very different. He had his chances with the first team from the beginning. For his age, he maybe even had too many responsibilities last season. Bojan has gone through some difficult moments but last year he showed that he can be very helpful when things aren't going well.

Barcelona's next opponent in the Champions League is Olympique Lyon, a club you know well because you played there last season. You think that Barça was lucky in the draw or people are taking it too easily?
In theory, it seems the easiest opponent of the ones Barça could have faced, because of the way of playing of both teams. But it won't be easy, not at all.

Benzema is their most dangerous player?
They always ask me about him and he's indeed a great player and he shows it every game by scoring and being decisive. But there are others.

Which Lyon players are the most decisives ones in your opinion?
Juninho is a player who's around for many years. They also have some excellent players in midfield, like Jérémy Toulalan or Kim Källström. That's why I shouldn't only focus on Benzema.

Do you think Benzema would fit well in Spanish football?
Yes, I do. Although the French league isn't on the same level as the Spanish league, he shows in the Champions League that he's a very good player and that he's ready to play at whatever team.


Marc Crosas joined Celtic Glasgow in 2008. Since Barcelona can buy Crosas back in the summer of 2010 for two million euro (read more here), this blog will follow the performances of the midfielder over this two years.

Read more:
Barcelona could make Crosas return in 2010
How is Crosas doing at Celtic?
Crosas dreams about Barcelona return

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search