Wednesday 18 February 2009

Marquez patient about starting renewal talks

Asked about the renewal of his contract that expires in the summer of 2010, Barcelona central defender and Mexican international Rafael Márquez (30) has said at a press conference that he'll wait to see what the club will offer him:

"My contract ends June 30th 2010 and until now I haven't heard any news from the club. My priority is to continue at Barcelona as long as possible but I'm convinced I'll have offers from other clubs and the world doesn't stop at Barça. If I cannot stay, there will be other doors I can open and I'll start looking elsewhere.

I'm not in a hurry to start talking, although it's a fact that the sooner you talk and the sooner you have certainty about the future, the better it is for your inner peace. So I would like to know something when the season ends. I'm confident that everything will be solved at the end of the season because I'm willing to continue and I don't think there will be a lot of problems."

Read more:
Barcelona wants to renew Marquez until 2012
Marquez could move to Miami in 2010
Marquez: "Guardiola admires my style"

6 comments:

kamikaze kontiki said...

This is a tough one. 30-31, will be 32 for the 2010-11 season and he is already started to look slow.

The best option would be if he can be convinced to see out his contract and then the club can evaluate if they want to renew.

Anonymous said...

Best option is to offer him a Barca-Miami contract when he's contact expires, but he might want to return to Atlas in the Mexican league.

Anonymous said...

Yea he is getting old but so is Puyol get rid of these slow player's and bring in younger player's Puyol is so slow it's almost comical and he's at fault for a lot of goal's scored against us as is Rafa..I say sell both these worthless player's..

Anonymous said...

worthless? do u really know why valdes conceded the least goals in la liga or perhaps in whole europe this season?? it bcoz of these 2 defenders.. dont forget rafa also the winner of freekick masters 2008, which won him $1m

Anonymous said...

Poyul is no doubt the heart of our defensline.

But Marquez is a bit less important.

Thinking about Milito and Henrique (will come back from Leverkusen) and even romours about Bruno Alves and so on.

Hmmm, difficult case here.

Anonymous said...

You're exactly right Rafa is less important or not at all it's all about the Catalan player's get rid of these horrible foreign player's and hopefully get more Catalan player's to replace all these loser's!!Viva Catalannnnnn Viva Barcaaaaaaaa!!!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search