Monday 9 March 2009

Adebayor confirms last year's Barcelona interest

Asked about his future, Arsenal forward and Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor (25) has unconfirmedly said in an interview with French sports weekly paper Sportweek that he is not thinking about leaving Arsenal at this moment, while at the same time confirming that Barcelona was interested in him last summer:

"I knew that Milan and Barcelona were interested last year. AC Milan contacted me personally and they are one of the best clubs in the world. But in the end I chose to remain at Arsenal. I wanted to end what I had started, and show that what I had done in the last season was not a coincidence.

Arsenal has given me the possibility to grow. And I now want to repay the club for having allowed me to become one of the great players in world football by winning something here. I find myself well here, even if, as I often say, you can never know what life will bring."

Read more:
New bid for Adebayor being planned
Barcelona plans few changes in the summer
Barcelona moving for Arsenal trio

2 comments:

kamikaze kontiki said...

Jesus Christ !! who went and told him he is one of the great players in world football ?

Anonymous said...

I follow Arsenal quite a bit and this guy is nothing more then a physical presence. When he has had success its due to his workrate. Not Barca calibre at all. Not even Arsenal calibre. He will be sold this sumer but I can't imagine who would want him...

Custom Search
 
Custom Search