Sunday 15 March 2009

Barcelona fan Gomez wants to play in Spain

Asked about the rumours linking him with several European top clubs among which Barcelona (read more here), Stuttgart forward and German international Mario Gómez (23) has said in an interview with the FIFA official website that he would like to play in Spain one day:

"I don't really have a 'dream club' which I would like to play for one day. As a kid I was a fan of Eintracht Frankfurt and Barcelona, but I don't think I'll be heading to Frankfurt any time soon. I would definitely like to play in Spain at some point, but whether that will be in two, five or ten year's time I couldn't say.

I actually find all the speculation regarding my future funny. The people who are praising me and linking me with the big clubs at the moment were the ones saying that I couldn't cut it a few weeks ago. I always try to do my best, but confidence plays a major role. I have the full support of my club, so I know that the goals will come if we are performing well."


Read more:
Contact with German international Gomez
Last summer's search for a striker
Barcelona following Stuttgart striker Gomez

9 comments:

Pol Gustems said...

Vamos, ni en pintura. Está muy bien en Stuttgart. Cuando tiene la racha las enchufa, pero cuando no es un 0 a la izquierda. En mi opinión no tiene el nivel técnico suficiente para jugar en el Barça.

saludos!

Anonymous said...

Maybe, he'll play in Spain one day... but definitely not for Barca.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Mario Gomez and i hope he does come to barca and becomes a better player.

Anonymous said...

I like gomez but i dont see him at barca. He isnt gonna want to sit on the bench. you dont find players like ole gunnar solksjaer very often.

sashi said...

Lets get Mario... he would be a very gudd back up striker and with Pep's rotation, he would get a few starts and then if he impreesses, then we could stick to him as our centre striker...

Anonymous said...

players like gomez and berba will not adapt in barcelona .

barcelona needs a sriker like eto who's alwayas moving and always asking for the ball .

look what happened to gudi ! he was good in chelsea but he is not like eto . they are totaly different !

if we have to let eto go , we should get benzema .

Anonymous said...

I agree with you but not on Benzema.
There is no perfect replacement for Eto'o.

Anonymous said...

LOL so he's a Barca fan? I thought he was Madridista cos last CL when we went up against Stuttgart he said he wanted to beat Barca so his family in Spain will be happy :/

~noob~

Unknown said...

i think gomez isnt good enough for be a barcelona player...

Custom Search
 
Custom Search