Wednesday 11 March 2009

Barcelona players congratulate Crosas with goal

Asked about the two goals he scored for Celtic a few weeks ago (watch the goals here), Celtic Glasgow midfielder Marc Crosas (21) said at a press conference that he's pleased when he scores although he doesn't really consider it to be part of his job:

"It is always good to score goals, but I don’t score very often. It was good for me and it was a nice goal but the most important thing is that someone scores for the team.

I’m always looking to help the team. If that means scoring goals, then I will be happy. I can score, but it is not really my job. Every player has a certain job in the team. I just want to concentrate on my own. If I can also manage to score goals it would be good, but I know what my job is. The most important thing was that the team won the game.

It was a nice goal for me against Hearts reserves but the one in the league was my first goal proper. The goal was shown on TV in Spain and my friends were very happy for me. I have also had messages from former team-mates at Barcelona. I think I scored more goals in one week than in all my life.

Sometimes that can happen. But maybe now I’m going to go three months without scoring! All the games are different. It depends on the way the team is playing and who the opponents are. I have scored two good goals, but sometimes I hit shots and the ball goes into the stand. I was a goalscorer for the youths but the level is different now and maybe my position is also a little different.

I’m happy to be playing. I have played the last games and I hope to stay in the team. But that’s up to the manager. We are playing well. At home, it’s normally a bit easier for us. The away games are always harder. We have to be ready to play in all the competitions. It doesn’t matter what tournament we are in. We just have to be ready. Every game is different but they are all cup finals for us.

Doing well for Celtic can be good for me with Spain. But I haven’t even played for the Under-21s yet. I am not thinking about playing for Spain. I am thinking only of working hard every day for Celtic. After that we will see what happens. The expectancy here is the same as in Barcelona. They are one of the best, if not the best, in Spain and Celtic is the best or one of them Scotland."

watch the two goals Crosas scored here

Marc Crosas joined Celtic Glasgow in 2008. Since Barcelona can buy Crosas back in the summer of 2010 for two million euro (read more here), this blog will follow the performances of the midfielder over those two years.

Read more:
Crosas focusing on Celtic for now
Crosas dreams about Barcelona return
Crosas scores first goal with Celtic

1 comment:

brett said...

Crosas is the kind of guy that, if he'd be okay with coming off the bench most of the time, I'd love to have back at barca. I'd rather have him, a home-grown Catalan, than a guy like Keita.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search