Sunday 8 March 2009

Best cyclist of all time visits Barcelona

Eddy Merckx, the greatest racing cyclist ever, assisted the league game against Athletic Bilbao yesterday. The former Belgian cyclist met with Barcelona president Joan Laporta and other board members and later discussed the charity projects of the club.

He told the club's official media: "I'm happy to be here and watch the game against Athletic. It's not my first time at the stadium although it has been a while now since I assisted a game for the last time. I follow Barça by television. I like Eto'o, Henry, but above all Messi, because part of my family is Argentinian and my grandson is a big fan of Leo."



4 comments:

JR said...

This is great! I'm a Belgian myself and didn't even now this.

Anonymous said...

me too!I read it in el mundo. Great atlete, great person!

Anonymous said...

I'am also belgian, but in my opinion Jan Ullrich was the best cyclist of all time.

But I'am happy he knows something about football

Anonymous said...

lance armstrong is the greatest

Custom Search
 
Custom Search