Tuesday 14 April 2009

Pedro unaware of next season's future

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Spanish second division club Tenerife if they promote (read more here), Barcelona wing attacker Pedro (22) has said in an interview with Tenerife local newspaper La Opinión de Tenerife that he doesn't yet know where he will play next season:

"I'm from Tenerife, so of course I wish that they promote. But I don't know anything about my future. Barcelona is having a magnificent season and it's true there are a lot of players being linked with other clubs.

I guess that's a sign that we're doing a good job and in my case I can only say that it would be an honour if they're interested in me. So it's a good sign but nothing more.

It’s too early to talk about next season. We're now all focused on what we have left in the three competitions. I think the normal thing will happen: when the season ends, we'll talk and we'll see what the outcome of that will be. I know where I am and how difficult it is to find a place in this team. For me it's an honour to be able to play together with the best players in the world. I just need to work and to be patient. If I keep on working, the chances will come."

Read more:
Pedro could leave on loan
Pedro: "If the coach needs me, I will be ready"
Pedro loan could get Barcelona Celta talent Joselu


Watch a video of Pedro here:

3 comments:

jordy said...

renew him! he can take over hleb's role easily. when messi needs rest pedro, gai and jeffren can cover him.
He's not ready to be a fixed starter but after the big guns like messi and henry(maybe ribery) the three youngsters can smoothly evolve to be great players.

Davor said...

renew him
kudos 2 pedro

'Manolo said...

He have had much patience with Barça, waited for his chances who haven't come.
He still waits and thats a very good example of a true BLaugrana Boy.
He could't have gone to England years ago but instead of that he just waiting..
He has earned his chance!
Renew and let him and Gai get their spots in the A squad next year.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search