Thursday 25 June 2009

Filipe: "I'm totally prepared for the pressure"

Deportivo La Coruña player Filipe Luis gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo.





How would you define yourself as a player for the Barça fans who didn't yet see you play?
The truth is that I changed a lot since I arrived here. Before, I only thought about attacking. Deportivo coach Lotina had a lot of patience with me and learnt me to defend as well as to get better going forward. You must attack, but knowing that defending is the priority.

You're only 23 years old and you could join the best team in the world, who just won the treble. The challenge scares you?
I'm totally prepared for the pressure. It's what I want and what I've been playing for. I know that I'm better prepared than ever.

Playing for B
arça is the only thing you want now?
My agent knows what I want. Barça is just a very big club. I'm waiting to get news from him.

President Lendoiro has a reputation of being a hard negotiator. You think the deal could collapse?
I don't know, that's what agents are for. I signed for Deportivo, Lendoiro is in charge and he has every right to ask what he wants. But let's hope both parties will end up being happy.

You've played against Messi. He was your most difficult opponent?
Without any doubt. He was the player who gave me the hardest headache on the pitch. It's a big challenge to play against him and now he could hopefully become my team-mate.

Is there anoter Barça player you especially like?
Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Henry, Piqué… The whole team did a great job. I had a great time watching their games this season.

Besides what you saw, people told you about the club?
Verdú (former Barcelona youth player) was my room-mate and he told me about Pep Guardiola, a coach who gives chances to youth players and who supports them a lot. He explained me things about the players, the way of training...

If this transfer would go through, Barça would have two Brazilian full-backs. You like the idea?
For me, Dani Alves is a star. I hope to be able to play with him, not only at Barça but also at the Brazilian national team. It's better to have him in your team.

Now that it seems so close, would it in the end be a real disappointment not to join Barcelona?
At this moment the only thing I know is that I have a contract with Deportivo and I'm happy there. The team had a great season and maybe it's the best moment to move on, but if they don’t sell me I will fulfil my contract.


read the first part of this interview here


Read more:
Zhirkov first on left back list, Filipe back-up
Deportivo asking too much for left back Filipe
The report of Txiki (2) : Mascherano priority

6 comments:

Ekar said...

Hmmm this guy looks ready i think we should get him...but lets not spend more than 8m for him

Bogman said...

I think he will be ours for about 10-12m. Or 10 + the loan of Víctor Sánchez or Pedro. I think Felipe Luis would be a great back-up in the beginning, and in a few years he will be the fixed starter on our left-back position.

Tohar Investment Limited said...

yes,this guy is really ready to pl;ay for the best team that won the treble,pls let this guy be our first signing.

hieifcb said...

does he have a Spanish passport?

barca nike said...

he has an italian passport

LeónDragón said...

as jazzy said before, he was in the team of the season voted of la liga.
had a look at him at youtube.
seems very promising and could imagine he fits in well at barca.
i'm an always-admirer of abidal, but think with him as a backup we could also have an option of playing more offensive on the leftback when needed.
young, good techniec, ballhandling and passing skills.
could be worth to think about before too late, as their not many other options out there with that prize, but that good potential

Custom Search
 
Custom Search