Tuesday 23 June 2009

Puyol confident about renewal talks

Asked about the renewal of his contract that expires in 2010 (read more here), Barcelona central defender and Spanish international Carles Puyol (31) has said in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that the renewal negotiations are going well:

"It's true that we're talking about a renewal and there aren't any problems. I have one more year left and I don't think there will be major obstacles.

My plan has always been to retire at Barcelona. I know it's dificult but I'll fight to keep my level and to stay. If the day comes that Pep, who could be at the club for many years, counts on other players on my postion, when I'm not important anymore for the team and I cannot continue, I'll look for a solution in case I still want to keep on playing football.

I've sometimes thought about moving abroad. Getting to know another league makes you richer as a player and as a person. It would be a good thing although the idea to continue in Barcelona and retire here is stronger. If that isn't possible or if I change my mind, living an expierience abroad has to be very nice."

Read more:
Two-year extension offer for Puyol
Puyol: "The Gladiator video definitely motivated me"
Milan wants Puyol to replace Maldini

5 comments:

Unknown said...

if he does have that wish to try other leagues, we shud let him try out other leagues on a loan basis for a year. in fact we shud do that with most of the players.

Anurag said...

@y - are you crazy?

Fabiano said...

He's a legend! Players like him help motivate the whole team. And you gotta love his attacking skills.

I love my Tarzan Puyol :D

sashi said...

he's our Maldini! we love u Rambo!!!

Anonymous said...

he is our william wallace (braveheart). i cannot image a catalan youth player moving to another club. iniesta, puyol, xavi, messi. they'll all stay till the end.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search