Friday 24 July 2009

Henrique’s blog: part 3

Barcelona central defender Henrique Adriano Buss (22) discusses his thoughts a few hours before his debut with the Barça first team.


"Hello,

This morning we had a smooth training session in preparation for the game tonight. We worked on strategy, especially in defense. When we returned to the hotel I then saw my Barça Toon for the first time and liked it a lot. It has made me look good. In Brasil I had a caricature at Palmeiras and I like them in general because they are funny.

I am a bit more nervous than yesterday, but that is normal as a game approaches. I also know that the nerves will only be here before the game and that once the match starts I will calm down. It is a feeling that I also had when I made my debut for Palmeiras and also with Bayer Leverkusen. I remember with Palmeiras that I made my debut in the starting team against a side called Noroeste and we drew 1-1. At Bayer I played my first game against Borussia Dortmund and I also started, but we lost 3-2.

I think that my debut with Barça will be more like it was in Brasil than in Germany because Brasilian football is more similar to what is played here than it is to German football. All that helps me to adapt because of the similarities. Besides, the language is also easier for me and that helps.

In recent seasons Barça have had some great Brasilian players in their team. I remember watching some fantastic games with Ronaldinho, but Edmílson was my idol. Since the World Cup Finals in 2002 I have followed him and he has always been a reference for me. I believe that we are even similar in the way that we both play. In the World Cup in 2002 he played as a central defender and he showed great ball control. I try to copy him and do the same thing. Curiously, Edmílson is now with my former club Palmeiras. We have crossed paths, but I have not been able to meet him and I would really like to.

Our game today is against Tottenham and I know this team well because I have followed English football on television for several years and I know they will be a strong side. We have to focus to win.

Until tomorrow,

-Henrique



Read the full and original article here

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search